OSU w/out Evan Turner = Not Good

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Wow. These guys are struggling without Evan Turner. 0-2 in conference play, neither game against Purdue or MSU, and neither game very close.

I hope the Gophers get at least one of their games against the Bucks out of the way before he returns.

Didn't he target the first Gopher matchup as his early return date?

Didn't he target the first Gopher matchup as his early return date?

Not sure about that, but the AP article from the OSU/Michigan game mentioned Turner may not be back until early Feb. The Gophers host OSU on Jan. 9th and at OSU on Jan. 31. Possibly miss him both times?

Better get tOSU this year. They have incredible talent coming into the program next season.

He did say he wanted to be back for the Gopher game, but yesterday I saw that he was getting another x-ray and if the news was good he might start practicing and would be back in ~2 weeks.

March problems

This could be a problem for some team(s) next March. If Turner comes back in Feb and OSU wins some games the committee may take his injury in account for the crappy results when he wasnt on the floor and put them in the tourney.

This could have implications for another Big Ten bubble team. Hopefully that won't be us.

Sounds like Turner is aiming to be back tomorrow now. That makes tOSU a lot bigger deal.

Hope Turner plays Saturday

Even if not 100%, am glad to here he'll probably play Saturday. Probably the last time I'll get to see him play in person. He's an outstanding talent. Plus, I'd rather beat Ohio State with Turner than without.

Even if not 100%, am glad to here he'll probably play Saturday. Probably the last time I'll get to see him play in person. He's an outstanding talent. Plus, I'd rather beat Ohio State with Turner than without.

Do you not go to NBA games? :)

I am certainly glad ET is coming back soon, and I want to clarify for some here that he is reportedly a game-time decision for the IU game on 1/6 and they want to see how he handles practice today first. But I also feel like I need to point out that Turner could've gone pro after last season and like 90% of guys in his position wouldn't have came back to school - why did he come back for this season? He said he wants to leave a legacy, win the Big Ten and make a deep run in the NCAA tourney. Every loss OSU takes this year increases the odds that he'll be back next year, so you better root for OSU when they're not playing the Gophs if you want him gone :) I think ET is the best player in the country this year, but I don't mind the fact that John Wall is sort of considered the favorite for national POY now, because if Turner doesn't win that award, it's going to be another reason for ET to come back. From what he's told Jared Sullinger, he's going to stay at OSU and play with that great class next season. We'll have to wait and see, but hopefully he'll be able to play in the Barn more than one more time :)

I hope Turner comes back for his senior year, but not expecting it.

No, the NBA does not interest me.

Do you not go to NBA games? :)

I am certainly glad ET is coming back soon, and I want to clarify for some here that he is reportedly a game-time decision for the IU game on 1/6 and they want to see how he handles practice today first. But I also feel like I need to point out that Turner could've gone pro after last season and like 90% of guys in his position wouldn't have came back to school - why did he come back for this season? He said he wants to leave a legacy, win the Big Ten and make a deep run in the NCAA tourney. Every loss OSU takes this year increases the odds that he'll be back next year, so you better root for OSU when they're not playing the Gophs if you want him gone :) I think ET is the best player in the country this year, but I don't mind the fact that John Wall is sort of considered the favorite for national POY now, because if Turner doesn't win that award, it's going to be another reason for ET to come back. From what he's told Jared Sullinger, he's going to stay at OSU and play with that great class next season. We'll have to wait and see, but hopefully he'll be able to play in the Barn more than one more time :)

Wasn't he projected as a second round pick?

Wasn't he projected as a second round pick?

No, he would've gone first round last year, maybe not (but possibly) the lottery but definitely first round. I believe he's projected #3 behind John Wall and Derrick Favors in the '10 draft, but he has to leave in order for the NBA to be allowed to take him :)

With our end to end intensity it shouldn't matter. I'd like to see him play however.

I would be amazed if Turner isn't a lotto pick. I think the kid would have been a lotto pick last year. He isn't going to to #1 overall pick-John Wall has that locked up, by the way has anyone seen a better freshmen this early since the 1 and done rule went into effect,-but I were a NBA GM he would be second on my draft board.

I would be amazed if Turner isn't a lotto pick. I think the kid would have been a lotto pick last year. He isn't going to to #1 overall pick-John Wall has that locked up, by the way has anyone seen a better freshmen this early since the 1 and done rule went into effect,-but I were a NBA GM he would be second on my draft board.
Turner will be a top-5 pick if he shows that he is recuperating from the back injury.

Wall is the slam dunk #1 pick even for the PG rich Twolves. But in this draft, if the local NBA franchise gets Turner, Xavier Henry or Wesley Johnson to fill a wing spot they're in good shape.

He is playing tonight against Indiana...
He shows up ... has 8 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds ... and OSU beats Indiana at home by 25. I think he makes a difference.

I thought Turner looked a bit tentative at times and not in game shape yet. He was knocked down a few times and seemed to be a bit slow getting back up. For his sake I really hope he didn't come back too early for the good of the team. I don't really like him all that much but he's got a chance at a very solid future in basketball.

Top Bottom