Tim Doyle: Hoffarber vs. Harfarber

Are we talking about Blake Hoffbauer or Blake Hoffenberger?

He definitely goes with the "Harfarber" every game. A few times he actually catches himself, stops, and pronounces it as "Harfarber" again.

He's a Long Islander. They laugh at our OOO's, but they like their RRRR's. I've heard people from that region butcher Chicargo, grararge, Arnt Betty?

Who cares? Its part of his regional dialect. People get so caught up in every little syllable pronounciation that an announcer makes. To me, pronounciations and tiny little slipups are about the 20th thing on the list of importance of an announcer. Think of it as this: would you rather have doyle (or another BTN or ESPN guy) analyze a game with a few pronounciation miscues, or the girl student that was an analyst on a couple of the bigtennetwork.com games but have her pronounce everything 100% correct. The choice is pretty clear. People on this site can't even spell our athletes' names correctly half the time. Try doing PBP or color for multiple teams a couple times a week and see how you do.

Think of it as this: would you rather have doyle (or another BTN or ESPN guy) analyze a game with a few pronounciation miscues, or the girl student that was an analyst on a couple of the bigtennetwork.com games but have her pronounce everything 100% correct.

I'd rather have the guy getting paid to do it say it correctly.

You'd think a classy guy like Blake would change his name to Jones or Smith to help these guys out.

Who cares? Its part of his regional dialect. People get so caught up in every little syllable pronounciation that an announcer makes. To me, pronounciations and tiny little slipups are about the 20th thing on the list of importance of an announcer. Think of it as this: would you rather have doyle (or another BTN or ESPN guy) analyze a game with a few pronounciation miscues, or the girl student that was an analyst on a couple of the bigtennetwork.com games but have her pronounce everything 100% correct. The choice is pretty clear. People on this site can't even spell our athletes' names correctly half the time. Try doing PBP or color for multiple teams a couple times a week and see how you do.

ok Jorshauar

Top Bottom