Boy those Iowa Fans really support the team

husker70

Reaction score
At least 10,000 showed up as empty seats. :D

I think they're all in Miami. I would be too, given the choice between their football and basketball teams.

I think they're all in Miami. I would be too, given the choice between their football and basketball teams.
They aren't in Miami. They're intimidated by the 4-story parking ramps and questionable characters on the streets of MPLS, I can't imagine they'd spend any more time than absolutely necessary in South Florida.

All of their other home bb games have sported the same or fewer number of fans. Try coming up with another excuse.

What was the announced attendance? There couldn't have been more than 5-6k in that place actual attendance?

All of their other home bb games have sported the same or fewer number of fans. Try coming up with another excuse.

OK. They were all there, but hanging out in the bathroom looking for some Metrodome-type action.

What was the announced attendance? There couldn't have been more than 5-6k in that place actual attendance?

I was there. It's just a guess on my part, but I'd say there were 8,000 in the stands. Quietest B10 game that I've been to . . . . ever.

Fun to watch the GoGos win. And we moved down to the 5th row for the second half. Also, a nice looking Iowa dance line.

GoGos looked very confident against this level of competition. Except, I was perplexed by Colt's game. I thought he looked lost. Wierd.

it really is depressing. Iowa used to be a solid bball school and carver would always be full. Simple fact is Alford sucked alot of the fun out of iowa bball. Lickliter is a good coach but is not the right fit. Iowa needed the fans to get excited about bball. I feel bad for lick too because all of his good players transfer because of family issues. No continuity so it seems we have to start all over again each year. I think the hawks have some good players. Gatens is a good player. Jarryd Cole is pretty solid. Payne and May look good for freshmen that will get better. The sum of the players make a severly mismatched team with no height at the center and pf positions and true freshmen running the point. decent class coming in next year but a lot of work. Lick probably will not last if he doesnt have a winning season next year. Iowa will fill carver again for bball though. Iowa fans will get the urge to come back, but we are at rock bottom right now.

I was there. It's just a guess on my part, but I'd say there were 8,000 in the stands. Quietest B10 game that I've been to . . . . ever.

Fun to watch the GoGos win. And we moved down to the 5th row for the second half. Also, a nice looking Iowa dance line.

GoGos looked very confident against this level of competition. Except, I was perplexed by Colt's game. I thought he looked lost. Wierd.

GoGos? Are you serious?

Attendance

For what it is worth (probably not a lot), the boxscore said the attendance was 9588.

I wouldn't get too down on the Iowa fan base...it wasn't that long ago that the Barn was half empty for many a game. Iowa has a good fan base for basketball, and they'll be back very quickly if they've got something to watch...just like they didn't take long to come back to Williams.

I wouldn't pay to watch their basketball team either...it may very well be the worst Big Ten basketball team I've seen play.

They must have been in Miami all year and last year when they were giving away tickets for free to basketball games.

Top Bottom