Iverson

skoalvikings

Reaction score
Another so-so day for Iverson. I just don't see this guy being a decent Big Ten player. Rarely gets a loose ball. Misses gimmes. Gets blocked by shorter players. Early on last year, I was pretty hopeful he'd be a real contributor on a good team, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Other than Iverson, today's game was nearly perfect.

Still just a soph though. Probably never going to set the world on fire. The kid does hustle though. Never afaraid to go to the floor for loose balls. I thought he did a nice job on traps today.

IMO, he is a 7-15 minute player on a good team, probably rarely sees the floor on a top 10-15 team. A legit D1 player in a reserve role.

Colton is the type of player that in other year or two could continue to develop and be a major asset. If not, he is still the type of player that we were not getting a few years ago. If he doesn't develop, he'll still be an asset like you said for 10 to 12 minutes/game. Surround him with 'stud' players and he'll be just fine.

Another so-so day for Iverson. I just don't see this guy being a decent Big Ten player. Rarely gets a loose ball. Misses gimmes. Gets blocked by shorter players. Early on last year, I was pretty hopeful he'd be a real contributor on a good team, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Other than Iverson, today's game was nearly perfect.

I think he gets blocked because he has a hard time learning to get the ball above his head when he shoots. He misses gimmes because he doesn't use his length to go right to the basket. Instead he sometime makes hs shots tougher than they are. Westbrook did not have the offensive game I hoped for.

Still just a soph though. Probably never going to set the world on fire. The kid does hustle though. Never afaraid to go to the floor for loose balls. I thought he did a nice job on traps today.

He does go after loose balls and is willing to play physical vs bigger centers. He's a good guy to have playing 16-18 mins behind RSIII (who hasn't impressed me much either). We have a couple of players not on the court right now that should reduce both their minutes next season.

Right now he doesn't have great feet and he's slow getting off the floor. Still young!!

I'm hoping that by the time he's a senior , he'll be as effective as Trevor Winter was for a team that makes a deep run into the NCAA tourney. He's not afraid to mix it up or to go to the floor for loose balls and has some decent footwork inside. But he does seem to be a bit slow of foot and he also needs to improve his free throw shooting or he won't see the end of many close games.

Iverson has struggled this year, but we've seen flashes of what he can do at times (Butler). If he can continue to build off those solid performances, I think he has the ability to contribute for what we need him to do.

Colton just needs to create space for himself on the offensive end. If he doesn't, he gets lost in the flow. Today, they were able to overcome this limitation, but going into the next few games, he has to be stronger down low.

Honestly, has he ever squared around to the basket and put on a move? It just seems to me that he's so predictable. I'm gonna guess his shot is not all that great considering i've never seen him shoot a jumper. I do respect his hustle and his toughness down low.

Jim Rowinski

Barely played as frosh and soph (5 or 6 games each year) at Purdue.

Back-up post (C) player as junior.

Co-Big 10 MVP as senior.

Ya never know.

Top Bottom