Is Doyle Serious?

North Country

Reaction score
Every 5 minutes he had some sort of statement that was all sorts of asinine or just plain wrong.

My favorite was definitely: "Tubby Smith has done a great job of keeping the Minnesota talent like Al Nolan and Blake Hoffarber in-state."

That was followed closely by: "The Gophers don't typically press and aren't used to it."

Really? You would think since he just has to follow 11 teams he'd be semi-knowledgeable... I guess not.

How about "the opposing team is getting some home cooking". I think he mentioned the wrong leg when Iverson got hurt also.

How about "the opposing team is getting some home cooking". I think he mentioned the wrong leg when Iverson got hurt also.

I heard that one, even my wife made a comment about how that doesn't make any sense.

Overall though I don't dislike Doyle though, I think he's ok.

Every 5 minutes he had some sort of statement that was all sorts of asinine or just plain wrong.

My favorite was definitely: "Tubby Smith has done a great job of keeping the Minnesota talent like Al Nolan and Blake Hoffarber in-state."

That was followed closely by: "The Gophers don't typically press and aren't used to it."

Really? You would think since he just has to follow 11 teams he'd be semi-knowledgeable... I guess not.

While I understand your point since Al and Blake were Monson recruits, the spirit of what had said was true ... Tubby has kept the top MN guys since he's been here. Just shouldn't have been given credit for those two.

I heard that one, even my wife made a comment about how that doesn't make any sense.

Overall though I don't dislike Doyle though, I think he's ok.

I feel the same way. Doyle tends to talk in circles sometimes, which makes it tough to understand what he's saying at times. But overall, I don't really have any issues with him.

Today might have been the first game I've seen of Doyle's where he didn't go on about facebook for a solid 2 minutes.

That game that Doyle did with Gus Johnson earlier in the year, I thought he actually was doing pretty well to keep up with Gus. (one of the best IMO)

NC - Spot on

Spot on. These two were both horrible. Blabbing nonsensically and incorrectly while not explaining what in the hell was going on on the court. These two are supposed to be professionals. Shouldn't they have watched a handfull of recent games of each team? Shouldn't they know Tubby did not recruit ANY of our juniors !!!

In the first half when Tubby made his first en mass substitution they didnt mention it or who came in for several minutes.

The best moment was when Doyles moron sidekick said Iowa was within 14 and then we hit a 3 and he realized he had the score wrong and just said "...Gophers by 20" !!!

Musta been a 6 pointer.

Priceless.

Amateurish nabobs.

Spencer would be better!

My favorite was when he said Damien Johnson was another freshman.

When we had Dutcher for an announcer he was informed and informed us.
Bring back Dutch............good luck on that.

He's just a kid and learning, but some of the comments today were just laughable.....He could use 'some coaching' :)

Did anybody else catch Doyle's masterpiece nickname for Hoffarber..."Blake the Make"

I also can't stand his pronounciation of Blake's last name "harfarber".

Doyle sure likes to talk, but I guess count me as one who really doesn't mind his commentary. I don't love the guy, but he isn't horrific.

He's pretty new, is cutting his teeth, doing the best he can. The BTN could do worse IMO.

I watched some of the MSU and NU game last night and wondered why the hell do we get him and MSU gets Jim Jackson who is really good at what he does. I was particularly pissed when he said that Minnesota loves to press but wait until they get to Big10 games?????? Isn't Iowa in Big10? Also, didn't Iowa kept a close game with Purdue almost during the whole game? They know how defend the press. We need to ask the people in Big10 network to send him somewhere other than MN games. He is clearly anti-MN man. I even feel Tubby being iritated by him during the post-game talks.

today he called Leuer of Wisconsin the 2nd best player in the big ten! Leuer is a nice player but I would take Harris, Turner, Hummel, J. Johnson, Moore, Hughes, Lucas before him.

I haven't seen Leuer much, but saying a previously unproven player is second best in the big ten with only one conference game played this year is ludicrous.

Did he get hurt or something today? Just fourteen minutes? Wiscy sure looked good though...I'm a bit nervous for Saturday.

Top Bottom