Taking care of business in Iowa City

Sota1

Reaction score
I am looking for a convincing win in Iowa City. Coming up on a very brutal stretch of games and we need some confidence to build on. Iowa is horrible and we need to beat them up with high pressure defense and aggressive offense. Not sure why I feel a bit nervous going into the game, but hope it is just residual feeling from a different Gopher team earlier in the season. Impose our will, don't let them stay in the game, and walk away with a resounding win. Go Gophers!

I'm a little nervous about RSIII being out. I'm sure Colt will hold his own but he won't play 40 minutes. We could be playing pretty small at times. He needs to stay out of foul trouble.

I hope my concerns are not a problem.

Hoffarber on FIRE so far...he's got the Gophers on his back today from the looks of the boxscore.

Anybody know where I can find an audio stream on the internet?

This is UGLY so far.....

Luckily, its because Iowa is looking so bad and we are looking so good..:D

I wasn't so sure that the Gophers success in the last few games against average competition was going to translate to the conference season, but they sure look good so far.

edit: Not that Iowa isn't average competition. But Big Ten road game, still good to see them start strong.

Iowa looks absolutely inept. Them shooting awful + us shooting well + a lot of Hawkeye turnovers = laugher.

As the announcers put it - our athleticism is overwhelming them. They look absolutely out of sorts. I'm lovin it.

Let's not let them back in the game here boys ...

Iowa is AWFUL! I'd have to think it'd be embarassing to be a Hawkeye fan/player.

Hoff is lights out again!

Iowa closed on a 12-4 run....Will they get back in this game? Is it possible?? I cant watch it from Germany but I'm thinking the Gophers got very sloppy down the stretch and Hoffarber's missed 1 and 1 hurts.

Aside from Hoffarber's shooting the Gophers are just 46% in the 1st half.

Iowa closed on a 12-4 run....Will they get back in this game? Is it possible?? I cant watch it from Germany but I'm thinking the Gophers got very sloppy down the stretch and Hoffarber's missed 1 and 1 hurts.

We're up by 17 at half, relax. I'll take that half every single time.

Blowing out Iowa in badminton would be fun. This is a lot better.

What does the crowd look like, with 3.5 million Hogeye fans in Miami for the Orange Bowl coupled with their inept hoops team?

Based on what Tubby said to Tim Doyle at halftime, it doesn't sound like he was completely pleased with the first half. It'll be interesting to see how the guys come out in the second half. I think that if we play smart and keep up the intensity, especially when picking up in the full court, we won't have any trouble.

It's actually decent, given their crowds lately.

IMO I would not call that decent. It looked like a Northwestern game to me...practically no students there, at least thats what it looked like on TV.

Even a couple of years ago in the lean Monson years, we would draw a lot more than that in the barn for a big ten game.

Sota1 called it perfectly yesterday. Do you have any stocks to recommend?

Our seats were looking directly at the Iowa student section. There couldn't have been more than 15-20 students there.

In fairness (this is kind of sad), the crowd was better than I thought it would be. Not sure what announced attendance was, but I'd guess there was about 8,000 people there.

Top Bottom