Signature W during Big Ten play?

9194Gophs

Reaction score
Gophers won't have their Louisville win to get them into the dance this season, but they could still get a win as influential to the committee during the Big Ten with a win over Purdue. Assuming they can hold their 20pt lead on over WVU, they have been more then impressive.

Who do you'll think is more likely to play at Williams Arena vs. Purdue Febuary 24th, Royce, Mbakwe, both or neither?

I'm 50/50 between Royce and neither.

Purdue's looking "Final 4 good" today

Impressive butt whipping Boilers are putting on a very good West Virginia team. It really underscores the importance that the Gophers head into Mackey Arena with a 2-0 Big Ten record.

I would think the laptop issue will be wrapped up before Trevor's case and the Gophers could likely save Mbakwe's 2 years of eligibility... If Royce is the player I believe he is, he won't be here 4 years, so why red-shirt him unless Tubby choses to use it for disciplinary reasons.

Royce could come back this season, but I think it could be a long time after he re-joins the team to break 12mpg, if at all.

I'm not sure they need something to get them in this year, they just need to avoid reasons to be left out. We're an acknowledged quality team as opposed to one trying to prove they are. We just need to back it up.

I'm not sure they need something to get them in this year, they just need to avoid reasons to be left out. We're an acknowledged quality team as opposed to one trying to prove they are. We just need to back it up.

That's true, but good teams don't just want to get in the tourney, they want to get a good seed... as in, beating Purdue one of the two or three (BT Tourney) times we play them.

If Purdue plays like the did today the rest of the year for the rest of the B10 it will be like running into a buzz saw. Now I know they won't shot that way all year. But the D they played was amazing and they can control that. If they can play D like that I really highly doubt that any B10 can come into Mackey and win.

That's the hard part about an 18-game season. It's difficult to bring it like that every single night. The Boilers, if they hadn't already, certainly announced themselves to the nation today as the favorite to win the Big 10. Even Michigan State isn't playing anywhere near the level or with the consistency Purdue has played this season. I'm sure Izzo has already pointed that out to his team after watching the Boilers' shellacking of WV.

It's clearly a 2-team race for the Big 10 title this season, and maybe I'd even throw the Badgers into the mix as well. The rest of us are simply playing to get into the NCAA Tournament.

If Purdue plays like the did today the rest of the year for the rest of the B10 it will be like running into a buzz saw. Now I know they won't shot that way all year. But the D they played was amazing and they can control that. If they can play D like that I really highly doubt that any B10 can come into Mackey and win.

Boilers (if no injuries happen) should have a chance at 27 or 28 W going into B10 tourney.

The 5 veteran starters have done as I expected but the young/inexperienced reserves have done better than I thought.

Top Bottom