Royce White practicing again

cyclonebee

Reaction score
As some of you know, I work with Royce White's uncle. Today at work he just got off the phone with Royce's grandmother stating that he practiced with the team this morning. Apparently at the high school game last night Tubby asked him to start practicing again.

finally something that makes sense from this giant mess.

If true...

If true, I am very happy for RW.

Even if he redshirts this year it would show positive progress for the young man.

:)

I know Royce would help us so much this year but this seems like such a positive development for him personally. Glad to hear it.

Why Redshirt? If he isn't going to play all 4 years we could really use his inside scroing this year. Wesbrook, White, Johnson make-up a pretty good big 3.

Brew

Why Redshirt? If he isn't going to play all 4 years we could really use his inside scroing this year. Wesbrook, White, Johnson make-up a pretty good big 3.

Yup, we sure could use him.

At this point, IMHO, getting RW on the right track in life is more important than getting him minutes on the court this season. Perhaps we can still get both.

I have confidence in Tubby doing his best by RW and doing the right thing. If that means RW plays this season, it is good by me. If it means RW goes to classes, practices with the team and redshirts this season, that is also good by me.

Yup, we sure could use him.

At this point, IMHO, getting RW on the right track in life is more important than getting him minutes on the court this season. Perhaps we can still get both.

I have confidence in Tubby doing his best by RW and doing the right thing. If that means RW plays this season, it is good by me. If it means RW goes to classes, practices with the team and redshirts this season, that is also good by me.

Completely on the same page. I have complete faith in Tubby in this situation, regardless of whether Royce plays this year, next year, or never.

Thanks for the late Christmas present cyclonebee! This is great news!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I like that Tubby has never given up on Royce. He will be a better person if he comes back to play for Tubby, and we will be a better team IF Royce comes back and keeps his nose clean.

All of my grades were finally posted online yesterday afternoon. Think Tubby could have been waiting and making sure Royce was getting it done in the classroom before letting him practice again?

Hoping to hear something from Myron today to back it up.

Thanks for the info - I don't think there was media availability today, so I'm guessing Marcus and Myron weren't there.

I did contact the SID to confirm, and he wasn't at practice, so wasn't able to confirm either.

All of my grades were finally posted online yesterday afternoon. Think Tubby could have been waiting and making sure Royce was getting it done in the classroom before letting him practice again?

I think this would be the main reason he would be back. I presume Tubby saw his grades which showed RW was doing what Tubby wanted him to do.

Myron just tweeted that Royce is practicing for the first time in months.

Yes. Confirmation from Myron-

Source: Royce White practiced with the Gophers this morning for the first time in months, following Tuesday meeting witih Tubby Smith.

I'm guessing (hoping) that Blizz (Myron) made a call or two to confirm the info before tweeting, but there's no doubt in my mind that he got the lead here

Yes. Confirmation from Myron-

Thanks Myron for that confirmation. This is hopefully a good sign that once the HC attorney makes a decision (why do they need a month again) he might be suiting up.

This is proof that Royces grades were *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# and some point in october and that was one of the reasons he was suspended. Now that final grades are posted he is back with the team, but won't play until the city attorney decides if he should be charged.

Does anyone know how much he has been working out? Has he been playing any ball? Is he ready to play physically?

$50 bucks says the info for that myron tweet came directly from this thread! ;)

If you were a writer for the Gophs, wouldnt you check this thread. Having said that, if he did get it from here I am sure he confirmed it before Tweeting it.

Does anyone know how much he has been working out? Has he been playing any ball? Is he ready to play physically?

Somewhere I seem to remember seeing him working out at a local high school and lifting weights. And it appeared he was in basketball shape. Cannot remember where I saw that. ;)

Top Bottom