Royce and Tubby sitting together at Augsburg tourney

BleedGopher

Reaction score
FWIW, JohnnyGopher just called and said that Royce (wearing a Gopher hat and t-shirt) was sitting at the Augsburg HS tourney and when Tubby and Esposito walked in, Royce immediately got up to be with and sit with them.

Probably nothing to it, but at least we know that Tubby and Royce are talking.

Go Gophers!!

To be honest, and opinion only, I do NOT think that Tubby, Donna, etal, have given up on Royce, even if several, or most of the GH posters have. It is never too late to save a kid if the kid wants to be saved.

Go Gophers!

Tubby won't give up on Royce, it's just a matter of how willing Royce is to do what it takes to succeed and represent the program.

A couple other other tidbits from JohnnyGopher...they are also sitting with Dan and Joe Coleman's Dad.

Sibley is playing Ro Russell's team right now, and Hopkins plays St. Paul Johnson at 7pm. If you wanted to head over and catch that one, it should be a good game.

IMO - Tubby IS trying to 'save the kid' for next year and years beyond in Royce's life....Hopefully a year from now we see a more mature young man and a great basketball player for the Gophers.

To be honest, and opinion only, I do NOT think that Tubby, Donna, etal, have given up on Royce, even if several, or most of the GH posters have. It is never too late to save a kid if the kid wants to be saved.

Go Gophers!

What does Tubby's wife Donna have to do with Royce White and his career?

Good to hear. Thanks for posting.

FWIW, JohnnyGopher just called and said that Royce (wearing a Gopher hat and t-shirt) was sitting at the Augsburg HS tourney and when Tubby and Esposito walked in, Royce immediately got up to be with and sit with them.

Probably nothing to it, but at least we know that Tubby and Royce are talking.

Go Gophers!!

Come on Art - even you have to know that a Coach's wife gets to know and care about the players. I remember Darcy Monson ooked at many of the players as her sons. No need to make a snide comment about that.

When UK players Adam Chiles and Cory Sears got into a fistfight on a team flight in 2002, it was Donna Smith who stepped in and broke up the fight.

She raised 3 sons. She knows what she's doing.

Thanks GL...I was about to reply to Art V's asinine comment in a very asinine way, so I thank you for saving me from dropping to Art's low level of the lowest. Thanks again, GL.

Happy New Year!

Doc

Another update per JG:

They are talking like Royce will be back. Tubby asked him if he was taking care of work, and he said "Yes, Sir."

like i posited in the royce quits thread..the video was just a bluff. he never intended to really quit unless he wasn't wanted/was booted.

If I may be so bold, let us not go back to those videos. Let's deal with today and the here-and-now.

This current thread, and the reports from some of GL's and Bleed's friends who are there has made my hopes for Royce becoming a contributing player for the Gophers totally go in a positive direction.

Go Gophers!

Go Gophers!

Absofrickinglutely

Great updates

I hope Royce leaves quietly at the end of the year. It would only be a matter of time before he embarrassed himself and the university again.

Doc - Agreed

Go Gophers!

+1

Great updates

I hope Royce leaves quietly at the end of the year. It would only be a matter of time before he embarrassed himself and the university again.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Come on Art - even you have to know that a Coach's wife gets to know and care about the players. I remember Darcy Monson ooked at many of the players as her sons. No need to make a snide comment about that.

I remember, after perusing many a Kentucky messageboard after Tubby got here, that Donna was very much a surrogate mother for a lot those kids who were away from home.

Great updates

Maybe you're right & maybe you're wrong - let's give it some time, please.

Sorry, I'm going to ask what I know is a dumb question. What does FWIW mean?

Not dumb at all - a year ago, I didn't know what IMO was (in my opinion) or a bunch of acronyms used on message boards.

For what it's worth (FWIW)

It can mean two things:

Flabby wiener imitates wanker.

or

Fly whiteboy ignores WASPs.

Others may use it differently.....?

Awesome. I still have a hard time believing Royce would be back this year after missing so much time in practice and everything else but I'm hoping that all will be ready for him next year and he'll know what's expected of him.

I think this is very positive. It's the first indication I have had that Royce has a positive attitude. My concern has been that he is a prima donna with serious character flaws who would adversely affect team chemistry. I am all for giving him a chance to make a positive contribution to the team, and for helping him to make something positive of his life. I believe in second chances.

On another point, I am extremely weary of Art Vandelay's boorish posts.

I'm not surprised at all that Tubby hasn't "given up" on Royce White, regardless of whether he plays basketball for the Gophers or not. Royce's problems go much deeper than simply basketball and I highly doubt that Tubby is the kind of person that simply parts ways with a kid because he isn't playing basketball for his team.

Tubby obviously knows Royce very well on a personal level and is likely concerned about the young man's development, with or without basketball in the picture. I'll admit that I'd love to have Royce be a Gopher someday, but for the time being, those considerations are secondary. He needs to get things in order on a personal level first and if Tubby and Donna Smith can help him in that regard, all the better.

Top Bottom