Tip of the hat to Westbrook

Section201

Reaction score
I just caught up with the GH today and could not find a thread giving Lawrence his due. Threads about Sid, Reusse, Bostick, Joe Coleman, Ryan Wittman, Alex Legion, and Colt45, etc, etc, but none giving LW credit for picking the team up and carrying them to victory. Lots of our lads contributed but LW was the man last night and beat Talor Battle head to head.

Great Game Westy! You get a tip of the hat and a thread to boot. :clap: :clap: :clap:

29 minutes
11 o16 from the field
4 of 6 from 3 points
3 of 4 from the charity stripe
2 rebounds
1 offensive rebound
1 assist
1 turnover
29 points

From rivals at yahoo... http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/teams/mbd

Lawrence Westbrook won a terrific duel with Talor Battle, tying his career high with 29 points to lead Minnesota to a 75-70 victory over Penn State on Tuesday night in a Big Ten opener. Battle had 23 points, six rebounds and four assists for the Nittany Lions (8-5, 0-1) but couldn't quite match Westbrook shot for shot down the stretch...

From the SPPP Charley Walters... http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14093586?source=rss

Westbrook ate breakfast with teammates at 10 a.m. Tuesday. From noon until the 8 p.m. tip-off against Penn State, he was at Williams Arena, virtually alone in the big barn. Never left. Never ate. Just waited.

"Just hung around and thought about the game," he said. "It helped a lot."

Westbrook then scorched Penn State for a game-high 29 points — 12 via three-point field goals.

During the previous eight hours hanging around Williams Arena, he periodically practiced shooting. He also visualized making shots.

"They say if you think about shooting, visualize, you'll be a better shooter," Westbrook said. "It made the difference for me."

Westbrook, who shed 40 pounds last summer through improved nutrition and is playing at 185, went 12 hours Tuesday between meals.

Great to see Lawrence step up.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

201...You ought to know by now that when a Gopher meets or exceeds expectations, there is total silence. It is only when a Gopher player does not meet or exceed expectations that the mice come out of the woodwork. Get a grip, man.... :)

I have like the way Westbrook has played ever since the 3 loses. Alot has been said about Blake and his starting role and rightfully so, but I noticed a change in Westbrook's attitude and the his moodiness. In California I noticed he was very moody and paying alot of attention to his Dad in the stands. He seems to be a better team player, maybe the fight was a good thing. Either way, Lawrence has been very consistant the last 4 games.

Great game by Westy and the worry over his weight loss seems to have lost some credibility lately.

If the this team has any chance to do well in the BT & in the NCAA's, LW has to play like this. I was getting nervous towards the end of the game when he was out front dribbling the ball, in the past when double teams come, he would turn the ball over, often... Not last night. Great time to have a great game LW..

There actually was some talk about how well he did on another thread. Let's be honest though, everyone knows he had a great game, I doubt Westbrook reads this stuff, so I don't know what the point is in pointing out that he did well. Post would be something like, "Westbrook had a hell of a game", "agreed", "+1".

ug629

There actually was some talk about how well he did on another thread. Let's be honest though, everyone knows he had a great game, I doubt Westbrook reads this stuff, so I don't know what the point is in pointing out that he did well. Post would be something like, "Westbrook had a hell of a game", "agreed", "+1".

It might be expected that along with the negative there might be some positive threads. Someone screws the pooch - we have threads. Someone excels and helps win a game - we have threads.

"agreed" +1

:)

Yep, he was fantastic. He was under control and did a great job reading the defense.

Top Bottom