Almost beat by a one man show

march madness

Reaction score
Penn st. isnt a talented team. They are a good as a team though. They outworked us. They only have three players that I'd take on our team:Battle, Jackson, and Jones.

Would a box and one have worked on Battle?

I know both centers were soft tonight, but I still feel if you get Iverson touches deep good things happen. Yes he misses some close ones, but it puts pressure on a defense and causes other teams to double him.

Westbrooks performance saved us form a loss, but it was an ugly win.

If we get outrebounded by Penn St. what will Mich St. and Purdue do to us?

Free throw shooting is atrocious.

Barely beating a one man show and a weak Penn ST. team at home is not the way I hoped we'd start the Big Ten season.

Barely beating a one man show and a weak Penn ST. team at home is not the way I hoped we'd start the Big Ten season.
Would you rather be 0-1? We could've easily lost last night.

I don't get some people on here...Penn State played extremely well for them, shot the lights out, ran their offense well, and got a great game from their best player.

We were coming off a number of cupcakes in our first true test in a month or so. It wasn't pretty, but we won the darn game after quite a battle for God's sake.

When we start worrying about how prettily we beat Big 10 opponents we are being a little too nit-picky IMO.

Rebounding stats aren't always about being "outworked." Sometimes you need to look deeper.

Penn State shot the ball very well from the field, thus less rebounds were available. Conversely, we missed more shots than them, giving them more rebound chances. We also missed 7 FTs - FT misses are the easiest to rebound defensively.

Of PSUs 11 Offensive rebounds, 5 of them went down as a "team" rebound - meaning most of them were deflected out or a loose ball scramble. This doesn't reflect us getting beat up on the boards.

Also, any block or turnover we caused (21 of them last night) is one less rebound defensively that is available. I'd rather have the turnover than a defensive rebound.

I don't think the Gophers were outworked at all. They lost the rebound battle by 5, yet attempted more shots in the game overall, got to the line more and were +13 in blocks/turnovers.

Penn st. isnt a talented team. They are a good as a team though. They outworked us. They only have three players that I'd take on our team:Battle, Jackson, and Jones.

Would a box and one have worked on Battle?

I know both centers were soft tonight, but I still feel if you get Iverson touches deep good things happen. Yes he misses some close ones, but it puts pressure on a defense and causes other teams to double him.

Westbrooks performance saved us form a loss, but it was an ugly win.

If we get outrebounded by Penn St. what will Mich St. and Purdue do to us?

Free throw shooting is atrocious.

I think you'd take Frazier as well. The kid has a wonderful handle. He looked two steps faster than anybody on the court and that's saying something when Battle and Nolen were out there.

Summation: WE WON, DAMMIT!

Go Gophers!

I thought Penn State looked like a pretty good team. They will win some games in the Big Ten this year and I wouldn't be surprised if the knock off one of the top teams.

There is probably a thread at NittanyLionHole.com called "Beaten by a one man show."

Which would you rather be?

Top Bottom