Interesting quote from Richard Coffey

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I love how Brewster has embraced the history of Gopher football and has gotten so many former players re-involved with the program...it looks like Tubby takes the same approach. This is from Reusse's column:

Richard Coffey was the rebounding terror and the emotional leader of the '90 team. He said it was the current basketball program that initiated the idea of a 20th anniversary get-together.

"I never heard much from the university until Tubby became the coach," Coffey said. "Now, a card shows up on my birthday every year, along with an invite to come to practice anytime."

Go Gophers!!

Very interesting

Maybe this is part of doing it the right way. Since we have had the same AD throughout, one must assume it comes from the the leadership of the coaching staff. Perhaps the fact that last night's gathering was finally done right reflects this as well?
Thanks for posting this.

The irony is that I'm sure Joel would be happy to exchange 10 emails with him about the best Super 8 in Roseville.

I really like the fact that Tubby and the team pay attention to history. It shows respect not only for the program as it is now, but for the school and previous achievements of the men's basketball program.

Top Bottom