Big Guys MIA

JMGIII

Reaction score
Great win for the Gophers this evening, but what happened to our centers (RS3 & Colt). They were killed when playing together.

7pts/4rbs between them. I am greatly concerned after tonight. Our 6'7" and under guys can not carry us the entire BT season. We need these two to step it up now. :drink:

Come on Trevor....

Tubby said on his radio show, and admitted, the production was not there. He did say Ralph was cramping up - didn't say anything about Colt 45.

I'm not too worried - they've both had some good games this year, and this was one subpar one.

Another thing that was happening was that Penn St. was really sagging in on our bigs (probably to be able to rebound better and make us beat them from deep). It is part of the reason why we had so many good looks from our guards. Additionally, they both do a lot of work on offensive rebounding, and we didn't miss a ton of shots. However, we simply need more production out of those two.

I like the potential of both guys, I see flashes of what could be during most games. As an example, Ralph ran the floor well and as a result ended up with a nice block in transition. That said, neither guy is where we need them to be and it doesn't appear that either guy improved significantly over what they were last year. Colton is still physical but lacking touch and some strength, while Ralph is still a finesse player who lacks physical play and strength.

Ralph just isn't very good. I'm embarrassed for him watching him rebound that poorly for his size, he sucks at getting position in the paint, he has 0 post presence, and 0 post moves.

Box out and get aggressive. Its not rocket science when your nearly 7 feet tall!

Not a huge concern yet, but getting there. I'm starting to think RSIII has a case of stone hands, or at least slow reflexes...

Hope he proves me wrong.

Top Bottom