DJ Back, Sampson III out

Good to have DJ back. As we put this together we'll have a decent looking starting five with a great bench.

Thank god Sampson is off the floor

Johnson deserves,and may well be a starter for thr rest of the season. But, the Gophers will be a better team when Sampson ans Williams are healthy again. Sooner or later Sampson will be the starter at the 4 spot, if he stays at Minnesota.

Johnson deserves,and may well be a starter for thr rest of the season. But, the Gophers will be a better team when Sampson ans Williams are healthy again. Sooner or later Sampson will be the starter at the 4 spot, if he stays at Minnesota.

any why wouldn't sampson stay at minnesota?! please don't make such bold, far-reaching statements unless you have something solid to back it up. are you saying he is going to the nba early? do you have first hand knowledge that he wants to transfer?

otherwise pure speculation like what you wrote is too easy to do (ala chad hartman, pat reusse, dan barrereio) and doesn't take much effort on anyones part.

not trying to hate on you, but just sayin'

All Freshman go through rough times the first year, especially ones who are away from home. It happens in every sport and there are plenty of rumors at every school about kids who are homesick. The first winter can be really hard on guys from the south, and it happens at every northern school. It's cold, there hundreds of miles away from home, only real friends are on the team, school is harder than they thought, different culture, sports not going as well as they hoped. etc. In the end though, most end up staying and just look at all the former Gopher athletes in football and basketball who originally came from all over the country who still call the Twin Cities Home 20-30 years after they finished at the U.
All they have to do is ask Damien or Lawrence W. how close they we're to leaving during that freshman season and ask them how much they like it here now to see that things will get better. For the record, I have not heard anything about Sampson or anybody else being unhappy and looking to leave although I'm sure there will be plenty of rumors throughout the year. Sampson would be the most logical since he is from the south, being a big man he will struggle and get frustrated, and he has other big options if he we're to leave. Colton, Bostick, and Devoe are all northern guys so winter will be nothing for them and while Carter is from the south, being a juco his options are limited and have heard he is loving it here so far.

any why wouldn't sampson stay at minnesota?! please don't make such bold, far-reaching statements unless you have something solid to back it up. are you saying he is going to the nba early? do you have first hand knowledge that he wants to transfer?

otherwise pure speculation like what you wrote is too easy to do (ala chad hartman, pat reusse, dan barrereio) and doesn't take much effort on anyones part.

not trying to hate on you, but just sayin'

Man you sure read a lot into a simple statement. Have a drink or something. Calm down!

Glad to see Sampson's injury is 'just' strep. I was worried he was hurt worse then thought from his fall on Sunday. Iverson will need to stay out of foul trouble tonight.

Bronco...Why such an aggressive response to a simple post?

I know that post got me worried, even if it was subtle. I'm on Bronco's side on this one.

Tubby was very complimentary in post-game interview

Talked about what a "gamer" RSIII is and how his teammates were impressed by his willingness to play tonight (and earlier in the season) when hampered by illness.

So, who do we believe -- some anonymous poster who's relatively new to the board and seems to have a major bone to pick re Ralph? Or the head coach?

Hmmmm. :confused:

I'm going with the head coach on this one. :cool:

Top Bottom