Nations Top 8th Grader In Town - Andrew Wiggins

Reserve

Reaction score
I'm only posting this for the notoriety aspect; it would have been a fun report to see how the Apple Valley kid and this one stack up. Otherwise, while interesting, I'm not really advocating following the middle schoolers yet.

Shooter reported yesterday afternoon that..

Christian Faith, a North Carolina school featuring Andrew Wiggins, the son of former NBA player Mitch Wiggins and considered by some the top eighth-grade basketball player in the country, plays in the three-day holiday high school tournament beginning today at Augsburg College.

Other out-of-state teams joining Minnesota's Hopkins, Johnson, Henry Sibley, St. Louis Park and Roosevelt are Chicago Julian and Milwaukee Marshall. By the way, the Gophers have offered a scholarship to Hopkins' Joe Coleman.

Could we be * gasp * recruiting another 8th grader?

I'm pretty sure the Gophers are not affiliated with the tournament at Augsburg and therefore have no say in what teams are invited.

Christian Faith is a new school in NC and it's head coach is none other than Ro Russell. He brought around 9 top Canadian kids with him, including wiggins. His team didn't arrive until today and they play Hopkins tonight, unfortunately the same time as the Gophers play. Coach Jirsa was watching Hopkins and chicago Julian play last night.

So is it known if the Gophers have an interest in some of the kids playing in this tournament?

Yes, they are recruiting a handful of kids in that tournament, Coleman and Chambers from Hopkins and Estan Tyler from SP Johnson, a guard named Lemon from Julian plus they are looking at a couple of Julian's younger kids who are supposed to be pretty good, and because of there relationship with Russell, I'm sure he will have some kids he wants them to look at.

Top Bottom