Northwestern in top 25 for first time in more than 40 years

I just read that, Bleed, before I got signed on here.

Congrats to NU, and good luck to them (except against the Gophers!)

Go Gophers!

If the Wildcats are still ranked next week at this time, that probably means they're for real. This week they're @ Illinois and hosting MSU. Get at least a split and that probably proves they're legit.

Great for NU. I think everyone in the BT would like to see Northwestern get that NCAA Tournament monkey off their back, although that would ruin those of us who thought we'd see the Gophers in the Rose Bowl before the 'Cats made the tourney. :(

congrats to northwestern, but i just have this feeling that NU is going to come crashing back down to earth in a very painful way once they get into the big ten schedule.

Agree with you Bronko - once the rigors of the B-10 seasoin set in, and depth starts to matter a lot more, I expect the bottom to fall out a bit. Of course I wish them all the best when playing Iowa and Wisconsin.

Are they still running Carmody's 1-3-1 zone that gave us fits last year in Evanston?

congrats to northwestern, but i just have this feeling that NU is going to come crashing back down to earth in a very painful way once they get into the big ten schedule.

I have to agree with you. Problem is, I don't think they will be the only ones "crashing to earth".

Congratulations to Northwestern. If they are still running that Princeton offense and hitting their layups they can be a hard team to beat.

There was some ballot box stuffing, unless people could possibly think NU is really #13 in the country.

None of them are Chicago or Illinois writers. There are always people that will vote a team higher or lower than where that team actually ends up.

Northwestern isn't a bad basketball team, but they aren't anywhere near one of the top 25 teams in the country. They play a quirky offense and defense that gives teams (who have never seen them) fits. They lack the depth and athleticism to finish in the top 25. I think they have a shot at the NCAAs, but I can't see them finishing ahead of Purdue, Michigan St., Ohio St., Minnesota, Wisconsin or Illinois. I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion.

I will be surprised if Northwestern finishes in the top half of the Big Ten.

Shurna and Juice are both very good Big Ten players, but they both play 35+ minutes a game. Beyond that they don't have enough to keep up with the top half of the conference.

Their 1-3-1 will give teams fits when Northwestern is making shots, and that will keep them in a lot of games that they would otherwise be out of athletically.

My guess is a 7-11 finish.

Agree with you Bronko - once the rigors of the B-10 seasoin set in, and depth starts to matter a lot more, I expect the bottom to fall out a bit. Of course I wish them all the best when playing Iowa and Wisconsin.

Are they still running Carmody's 1-3-1 zone that gave us fits last year in Evanston?

they have been playing that 1-3-1 zone for a long time......

Top Bottom