Gophers in Big Ten - Game by Game

rrjackIII

Reaction score
Not sure if we have this prediction thread going or not but just for kicks ...

I predict lots of spins and turns in Big Ten season this year - no predicting from week to week let alone the whole season but here goes IMHO

L * Penn State
W at Iowa
W at Purdue
W * Ohio State
L at Michigan State
W at Indiana
L * Michigan State
W * Northwestern
L at Ohio State
L at Penn State
W * Michigan
L at Northwestern
W * Wisconsin
W * Indiana
L * Purdue
W at Illinois
L at Michigan
W * Iowa

* HOME GAME

10 - 8 in regular season Big Ten

2 W's in Big Ten Tourney ---- Maybe ???

No way the Gophers lose to PSU at home then beat Purdue at Mackey. It's not going to happen. I personally think the Boilers will hold serve at home this year. Any B10 contenders this year need to win every game at home to have a chance at the title.

It will be a very long year for us if we can't beat Penn State in the big ten opener at home. I feel they will be 2nd to last in the big ten right ahead of iowa. They have nobody besides Talor Battle and even if he goes off i still have a hard time seeing us to lose to them at home.

Here's my stab at predicting how it plays out:

W Penn State
W at Iowa
L at Purdue
W Ohio State
L at Michigan State
L at Indiana
W Michigan State
W Northwestern
L at Ohio State
W at Penn State
W Michigan
W at Northwestern
L Wisconsin
W Indiana
L Purdue
L at Illinois
W at Michigan
W Iowa

11-7 and 1 win in the Big Ten Tourney. I think we'll take 1 maybe 2 games against Michigan State, Purdue, and Wisconsin. If we can go 2-3 in those games, we take 3rd or 4th in conference. Indiana will be better than expected this year, Northwestern will come back down to earth, and Beilein will keep the West Virginia curse brewing in Ann Arbor.

Who the hell knows??? Let the games begin.

Go Gophers!

I'm just glad we're not opening up the season against Michigan State as we've done recently. It'll actually be nice to start off with a win in conference.

No way the Gophers lose to PSU at home then beat Purdue at Mackey. It's not going to happen. I personally think the Boilers will hold serve at home this year. Any B10 contenders this year need to win every game at home to have a chance at the title.

I would agree with you if you said 'highly unlikely' instead of "No way...".

I just think that after Purdue and maybe Mich St - the B10 regular season will be more unpredictable than usual this year - based primarily on a NC season where B10 teams generally had high expectations only to lose several surprising games.

I am guessing that Purdue loses at least one home game this year.

My mostly wild guessing theory is that we begin the season at home against Penn St with a tough loss due in part to our soft NC season coupled with Battle having a great game.

The Penn St loss is followed a few games later after getting our act together by knocking off a hot and overconfident Boilermaker.

Like Don says "Let the games begin".

I am sure we are all looking forward to it.

Oh Ye of Little Faith...

Let's give this team a little credit:

W Penn State
W at Iowa
L at Purdue
W Ohio State
L at Michigan State
W at Indiana
W Michigan State
W Northwestern
L at Ohio State
W at Penn State
W Michigan
W at Northwestern
W Wisconsin
W Indiana
W Purdue
L at Illinois
W at Michigan
W Iowa

Yeah I predict 14 - 4 Big Ten record (really think 13 - 5 but when I look at the match ups I believe this squad could pull it off). They will go undefeated at The Barn. 23 - 7 (or 22 - 6) overall.

The Gophers had their "bump in the road" early and have bounced back from it in a strong manner. They are ready to tackle the Big Ten teams and knowing they need a "signature win" is enough to keep them focused.

Top Bottom