Entering Big Ten play RPIs...

tjgopher

Reaction score
Now that the conference season is ready to start, here's where the teams stack up in the all-important RPI:

15 - Purdue 11-0 (best win vs. RPI #49 Wake Forest)
30 - Wisconsin 9-2 (best win vs. RPI #1 Duke)
47 - Northwestern 10-1 (best win vs. RPI #41 NC State)
55 - Michigan State 9-3 (best win vs. RPI #32 Gonzaga)
62 - Minnesota 9-3 (best win vs. RPI #21 Butler)
95 - Ohio State 10-2 (best win vs. RPI #12 Cal)
110 - Illinois 8-4(best win vs. RPI #40 Clemson)
163- Iowa 5-7 (best win vs. RPI #196 Bowling Green)
191 - Michigan 5-5 (best win vs. RPI #192 Detroit)
215 - Penn State 8-4 (best win vs. RPI #128 Sacred Heart)
247 - Indiana 5-6 (best win vs. RPI #34 Pittsburgh)

I still think six Big Ten teams make the field, but it could be five. If we get to 11 regular season Big Ten wins, I think we're locked into the field.

Conference RPI rankings as of Dec. 23:

1) Big East
2) Big 12
3) ACC
4) Atlantic Ten
5) SEC
6) Big Ten (not nearly as good as hoped)
7) Pac Ten

Which RPI ?

Which flavor of RPI is this? I know everybody and their sister has an "RPI" on the net these days.

Which RPI is this?

Which flavor of RPI is this? I know everybody and their sister has an "RPI" on the net these days.

Which RPI is this?

They are all basically within a few spots of each other. For the record, this is RealTimeRPI, which I've found to be fairly close to the official RPI index used by the NCAA. But, again, they are all normally within a few places of each other. I think you can get the general tenor of where things shake out, right?

tj

They are all basically within a few spots of each other. For the record, this is RealTimeRPI, which I've found to be fairly close to the official RPI index used by the NCAA. But, again, they are all normally within a few places of each other. I think you can get the general tenor of where things shake out, right?

thank you... just checking.

:)

I think there will be 5 locks and 1 bubble for BT. I agree 11 wins will do for us -- hopefully beating either Purdue or MSU at the Barn. Although our team may struggle with half-court offense, we will have our shot at top 5 finish as I do not see any team clearly better than us except MSU, Purdue, and OSU with Turner. It will be a very interesting conference season.

My reply had a point... but yours is pretty worthless, besides another attack you people love so much. Nice work.

Seriously your reply had a point? The only person i see making another attack on here is you. I guess you will fit in nicely with all of us. Nice Work!

Why can we all just get along, it is xmas...i mean Christmas

Seriously your reply had a point? The only person i see making another attack on here is you. I guess you will fit in nicely with all of us. Nice Work!

Why can we all just get along, it is xmas...i mean Christmas

OMG! Funny guy to the rescue! Merry Christmas to everybody! Signing off to spend time with my family, as much as I will miss the smart and oh-so witty replies!

See you in the B10 season -Bleeee-Dat.

Str8 cash hommie.

can we get a translation?

OMG! Funny guy to the rescue! Merry Christmas to everybody! Signing off to spend time with my family, as much as I will miss the smart and oh-so witty replies!

See you in the B10 season -Bleeee-Dat.

Str8 cash hommie.

I am old. Can we get this translated, please?

:)

that was weird.

B10, Big Ten.

whatever you want to use, I'll do my best to figure it out.

Looks like MSU needs 13 wins in BT play to get in the tourney :)

I doubt it. They're highly ranked. Minnesota is not.

MSU - 55th
MN - 62nd

How is MSU highly ranked and MN not? And, don't tell me Top 25. The NCAA doesn't pay attention to that. In fact, there have been teams ranked in the Top 25 left out entirely. You're basically talking yourself in circles. The Gophers need 13 W's, but MSU doesn't? Why? Same basic RPI ranking. MN has played a TOUGHER non-conference schedule (MN - #92; MSU - #99). MN's best win (vs. RPI #21 Butler) is better than MSU's best win (vs. RPI #32 Gonzaga).

MSU - 55th
MN - 62nd

How is MSU highly ranked and MN not? And, don't tell me Top 25. The NCAA doesn't pay attention to that. In fact, there have been teams ranked in the Top 25 left out entirely. You're basically talking yourself in circles. The Gophers need 13 W's, but MSU doesn't? Why? Same basic RPI ranking. MN has played a TOUGHER non-conference schedule (MN - #92; MSU - #99). MN's best win (vs. RPI #21 Butler) is better than MSU's best win (vs. RPI #32 Gonzaga).

Ranked. Not RPI-ed.

Mich St is a ranked (Top 25) team.

Your point was to attack someone for saying B10? Wow. I hope you put yourself in that "you people" group.

My reply had a point... but yours is pretty worthless, besides another attack you people love so much. Nice work.

As retribution for wasting 120 seconds of my time reading about the merits of 'Big Ten' vs. B10, I hereby will refer to the Big Ten Conference as 'B11' from now on.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

As retribution for wasting 120 seconds of my time reading about the merits of 'Big Ten' vs. B10, I hereby will refer to the Big Ten Conference as 'B11' from now on.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Are you in favor of a B12?

Long Beach St.

Kind of ironic Mons has LBS @ 36 RPI; that would be third in B10.

Kind of ironic Mons has LBS @ 36 RPI; that would be third in B10.

I noticed that as well. Playing @ Kentucky, @ Duke, @ ND, etc will do that for an RPI.

I really expected Tubby to have MN playing a tougher sched that the current one, by this time in hsi tenure. If loser Monson can do it, why cant Tubby?

I noticed that as well. Playing @ Kentucky, @ Duke, @ ND, etc will do that for an RPI.

I really expected Tubby to have MN playing a tougher sched that the current one, by this time in hsi tenure. If loser Monson can do it, why cant Tubby?

Actually the Gophers' schedule in 2008-09-10 is tougher (overall SOS) than in 2004-05-06-07.

See www.kenpom.com for comparison of SOS overall. KenPom is not the only SOS technique.

Actually the Gophers' schedule in 2008-09-10 is tougher (overall SOS) than in 2004-05-06-07.

See www.kenpom.com for comparison of SOS overall. KenPom is not the only SOS technique.

The key word here is "overall". You can thank the the B10......oh, I'm sorry......THE BIG TEN schedule for that. The NC schedule has been an absolute joke the past few years. Don't start telling me that Morgan St. is in the top 100 and St. Joe's is knocking on the door. Please, those teams are awful and will not even make the NIT or CBA or whatever other post season tournaments there are these days.

The key word here is "overall". You can thank the the B10......oh, I'm sorry......THE BIG TEN schedule for that. The NC schedule has been an absolute joke the past few years. Don't start telling me that Morgan St. is in the top 100 and St. Joe's is knocking on the door. Please, those teams are awful and will not even make the NIT or CBA or whatever other post season tournaments there are these days.

Overall AND OOC games at neutral or road sites.

Overall AND OOC games at neutral or road sites.

LB has played or will play @UW-GB, @ ND, @ UK, and @ Duke along with playing Clemson and WVU in a tournament.

Friend, do you really feel the Gophs OOC sched is comparable?

Top Bottom