Home NC Schedule Recap

Southpaw

Reaction score
Our home NC schedule finally came to a close with another resounding victory, this time over those pesky Jackrabbits from SDSU (yawn)

Here's a few stats for your consideration:

Avg Victory Margin (Including Exhibitions): 39.2 points
Avg Victory Margin (Excluding Exhibitions): 33.9 points
Avg Victory Margin over our 3 "quality" (according to FOT) opponents: 31 points
Biggest Blowout: 67 points (UMD)
Biggest Blowout (Excluding Exhibition): 41 points (Northern Illinois)
Closest Game: 23 points (St. Joe's) ...a real nail biter
Avg Ticket Resale Value outside Barn: $10
Avg Excitement Level (Scale of 1([low] to 10[high]): 2
Quality of Home NC Schedule (Scale of 1 to 10): 1 ...worst schedule in school history
Chance of Better Schedule Next Year: 100% ...ACC game + nowhere to go but up
Chance of Substantial Hike in Ticket Prices Next Year: 60% ...expansion of priority seating is likely in our future

We're ready to play some "real" teams - bring on the Big 10 !!

Our home NC schedule finally came to a close with another resounding victory, this time over those pesky Jackrabbits from SDSU (yawn)

Here's a few stats for your consideration:

Avg Victory Margin (Including Exhibitions): 39.2 points
Avg Victory Margin (Excluding Exhibitions): 33.9 points
Avg Victory Margin over our 3 "quality" (according to FOT) opponents: 31 points
Biggest Blowout: 67 points (UMD)
Biggest Blowout (Excluding Exhibition): 41 points (Northern Illinois)
Closest Game: 23 points (St. Joe's) ...a real nail biter
Avg Ticket Resale Value outside Barn: $10
Avg Excitement Level (Scale of 1([low] to 10[high]): 2
Quality of Home NC Schedule (Scale of 1 to 10): 1 ...worst schedule in school history
Chance of Better Schedule Next Year: 100% ...ACC game + nowhere to go but up
Chance of Substantial Hike in Ticket Prices Next Year: 60% ...expansion of priority seating is likely in our future

We're ready to play some "real" teams - bring on the Big 10 !!

SF Austin has played well. Ditto Morgan State. St Joseph's is a decent team also.

SF Austin has played well. Ditto Morgan State. St Joseph's is a decent team also.

FOT, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree - I expect the teams you mention will finish the season with RPI's in the 125-150 range - the fact that we handily beat them on our home court probably won't help the Gophers cause when the NCAA Selection Committee considers our overall resume.

Merry Christmas !!

Make someone other than Talor Battle beat you (Part III)

I'm not sure I've ever looked more forward to the Big 10 schedule. It's been a snoozer at The Barn, to be brutally honest. Not a single competitive game or legit opponent (read: opponent capable of being an at-large qualifier).

I've watched the Gophers steamroll inferior opponents, and I still have no idea how good they are. Will any of it translate to the Big 10 season? My hope is our November-December (home) schedule wasn't fool's gold. I'm ready to start finding out next week vs. Penn State.

Again.....

Three seasons.
25 non-conference games.
One BCS conference opponent.
Zero BCS conference opponents scheduled by choice.
Zero at-large NCAA tournament qualifiers from the previous season.

I'm not sure I've ever looked more forward to the Big 10 schedule. It's been a snoozer at The Barn, to be brutally honest. Not a single competitive game or legit opponent (read: opponent capable of being an at-large qualifier).

I've watched the Gophers steamroll inferior opponents, and I still have no idea how good they are. Will any of it translate to the Big 10 season? My hope is our November-December (home) schedule wasn't fool's gold. I'm ready to start finding out next week vs. Penn State.

Well, we know what the L.A. tournament and the Miami game told us.

I'm anxious to find out if the Gophers have truly improved since then. Defensively, I'm not worried how the Gophers will stack up in the Big 10. Offensively, I need to see it vs. someone other than NIU, SDSU, Utah Valley, Tennessee Tech, etc.

Top Bottom