Yes, it's MikieS again (and again, and again, and again, and ... )

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
MikieS wins tonight's Predict the Score competition with a 92-61 prediction, a whopping one point off the actual 92-62 score.

14 of the 50 who entered managed to place in the top five positions:

1st Place: Mikie S (1 pt variance) - 15 points awarded
2nd Place (tie): ChemEGopher, Dr.Gopher, rccola889 & Runext07 (2 pts off) - 10 points awarded
3rd Place (tie): GophersInIowa, Heber, macgopher & Ulmer (3 pts off) -7 points awarded
4th Place: figi (4 pts off) - 5 points awarded
5th Place: (tie): Go31, PeanutButterTubbyTime, Ski U Mah Gopher (5 pts off) - 3 points awarded

The other 36 who had variances of 6 points or more included: Bayfieldgopher, Big Play, BigGopgerFan, Blizzard, book, Burton34, Charles Benjamin, Dr.Don, Gopher In Qatar, Gopher1more, Gopher737, Gopherholefan, GophersOnTheRise, HardwoodElite, jamiche, MillionMoves, minimax, MKE_Gopher, MLF89, Notorious PLD, Rick Mons, Roy Christensen, RunGopherRun, runningopher, RW+RW=Our W's, sandiegopete, Section201, Selection Sunday, SkiUMah24, Southpaw, StewieGopherFan, UptownMaroon&Gold, weezy, whogoofed, Wiscbearsfan17, XMan and Zales04 Each gets one participation point.

BTW, this ends the pre-conference segment of the competition. Let's see how the Gophers -- and MikieS -- fare in conference games!

11/13/09 ... Tenn. Tech ... RunninGopher (2 pt variance)
11/16/09 ... SF Austin .... Runext07 (9 pt variance)
11/19/09 ... Utah Valley .. Dr Don (4 pt variance)
11/26/09 ... Butler .......... Lefty's Righty (8 pt variance)
11/27/09 ... Portland ....... ncgo4 (only 1 to pick Portland)
11/29/09 ... Texas A&M .. UptownMaroon&Gold (8 pt var)
12/02/09 ... Miami (Fla) ... MikieS (5 pt variance)
12/05/09 ... Brown .......... MikieS (4 pt variance)
12/08/09 ... Morgan State . MikieS (2 pt variance)
12/12/09 ... St Joe's ........ AuggieGopher (9 pt variance)
12/15/09 ... NIU .............. WiscBearsFan17 (6 pt variance)
12/23/09 ... SDSU ........... MikieS (1 pt variance)​

Good gosh MikieS....this is incredible. It's like you're Marty McFly in Back to the Future and you own the 2009-2010 Sports Almanac without us realizing it.

Go Gophers!!

Predict the Score Standings thru Pre-Conference Season

MikieS has a huge lead but not insurmountable (at least one would think that way but who knows with Mikie's talents for the repeat wins). At least BigGopherFan moves out of the cellar with the first pick for the Gophers this season.

Merry Christmas ... next competition will be posted on the 26th with the next game on the 29th (at the Barn versus Penn State).

. 1 …. (79 pts) Mikie S
. 2 …. (46 pts) ChemEGopher
. 3 …. (37 pts) wiscbearsfan17
. 4 …. (32 pts) Runext07
. 5 …. (31 pts) ncgo4, Southpaw
. 7 …. (29 pts) Dr.Don
. 8 …. (28 pts) Peanutbuttertubbytime
. 9 …. (27 pts) rccola889
10 …. (25 pts) Gopher1more
11 …. (24 pts) MKE_Gophers, UptownMaroon&Gold, XMan
14 …. (22 pts) runningopher
15 …. (21 pts) blizzard
16 …. (19 pts) sandiegopete
17 …. (18 pts) Rick Mons
18 …. (17 pts) ulmer
19 …. (16 pts) AuggieGopher, Go31, Lefty's Righty
22 …. (15 pts) Roy Christensen
23 …. (14 pts) Charlesbenjamin, Gopher In Qatar, GophersInIowa
26 …. (13 pts) Heber, whogoofed
28 …. (12 pts) Dr Gopher, figi , Goldyspop, Gopherholefan , jamiche
33 …. (11 pts) 94Gopher, GophersOnTheRise , RW+RW=Our W's , Ski U Mah Gopher , sota1, TubbyTownUSA
39 …. (10 pts) Anderson8284, BigPlay, Gortonsfisherman011, howeda7
43 …. (9 pts) book , Section201
45 …. (8 pts) Gold Vision, Moonlight , Notorious PLD , TheRealTruth, Zales04
50 …. (7 pts) Gopher737 , HardwoodElite, macgopher
53 …. (6 pts) DrinoneMays9
54 …. (5 pts) Bayfieldgopher, Burton34, dex8425, jjgopher, minimax, weezy
60 …. (4 pts) Gold Out, Jeshurun, tubbyapolis
63 …. (3 pts) drakegopher, Jike Spingleton, Slim Tubby , Station 19, Warrior04
68 …. (2 pts) Fargobison, Gopherinphilly , JimmyJamesMD, MillionMoves, mlf89, mom8pop , Selection Sunday, Skage, Ski-U-Mah24, woohoo
78 …. (1 pts) beowulftom, BigGopherFan , Brooklyn Badger Gopher Fan, Cold Man, dbuton, DiehardGopher, Doogie, Flash23, Freshtrout , GVBadger, Juicer, Maroon Shower, Reserve, RunGopherRun, Sid Hartman, SkitchPatterson, StewieGopherFan, Tubtastic
96 …. (0 pts) Bamboo Bomber , The Big L

Rick I think with my 95-60 score prediction I was off by 5 points which would put me down for some points. I didn't see my name listed anywhere in the points rewarding section, though it is listed in the long prediction sheet in the original thread.

MikieS has something the rest of us do not have. Does anyone know what that is?

MikieS has something the rest of us do not have. Does anyone know what that is?

Like Bleed said, he has to have a time traveling DeLorean. That is the only explanation!

Wait, does that mean we are in the alternate 2009 then since he has the Sports Almanac?

Y'know, I am gonna make a small but real sports bet based on Mikie's prediction for the next game. This pressure may derail him... :)

Rick I think with my 95-60 score prediction I was off by 5 points which would put me down for some points. I didn't see my name listed anywhere in the points rewarding section, though it is listed in the long prediction sheet in the original thread.
Yep, your moniker apparently slipped off the list of fifth place. I've added your name to the list of 5th place finishers.

However, I checked the standings and you were given the 3-point credit in the standings from the NIU game and the SDSU game. It was just the listing that excluded your moniker.

Dedicated to MikieS: There is no amount of skill that will ever replace dumb luck. But, man-o-man is MikieS lucky.

I'd like the thank WiscBearsFan17 for the motivation provided by belatedly robbing me of the sole top spot against NIU and also Rick Mons from unfairly not listing me as the co-winner for that game. I'd also like to thank a friend of mine for lending me his Delorean for a spin.

On a separate note ... Dr. Don, for some reason your name is in wallet a really hot chick gave me after the game last night. Any Idea why?

Which one, Mikie? I have gone thru 69 wallets so far this Joyous Season. :)

Mike; I'm might be going to Vegas-will you come with?

Top Bottom