CSI Dinkytown cancelled.

minimax

Reaction score
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to the cancellation of “CSI Dinkytown”. And I can’t wait for its spin-off show, “Gophers take on the Big 10” to begin. I’ve lost all interest in CSI Dinkytown’s main characters (Royce and Trevor). I don’t know what they did or didn’t do, nor do I care anymore. Strangely, for all the excitement about them, they’ve never played a minute of Big 10 basketball. I’m just bored with them and want them to go away. In the words of Norman Dale, “My team is on the floor”.

The spin-off show has a petty good cast – though none have the star power “buzz” of either White or Mbakwe. The show will have more of a “sports” feel to it than its cancelled predecessor and it begins on December 29th. The show will mostly be set in “The Barn” but will follow the cast throughout the Midwest. I’m sure that we’ll enjoy posting about the upcoming episodes more than we did posting about the antics of Royce, Trevor, the UMPD and the Dade county prosecutor’s office. I’m sure that plotline looked good on paper, but the dramatic arc turned out to be lame.

Indeed, “CSI Dinkytown” has been even more dreary than the surprisingly popular summer reality show, “ Where’s Tubby”. You remember that show don’t you? It was the one where otherwise sane Gopher fans obsessively tried to find Tubby by tracking the location of a flange and gasket supply company’s jet on flightaware.com. Not only that, these fans also parsed every word of a fifth rate sportswriter for a second rate Charlottesville newspaper for hidden truths and wisdom. All the while Tubby was in his office sneaking peaks at the lithe shapes of the female interns and on the phone ordering takeout Thai food to pick up on the way home. What a laugh. At least that show had the mercy to end abruptly. However, as popular as it was I wouldn’t be surprised to see it picked up by Gopherhole.com for another season next summer.

Maybe I’m just a prude – at least during the family hour, but I’m pleased that producer Maturi and director Smith seem committed to deliver PG-13 programming as opposed to the R rated stuff they prefer in Kentucky, Connecticut and Florida.

For this season’s “Gophers take on the Big 10”, I’m predicting two exciting plot developments – another sweep of Wisconsin (recently discovered to be impossible - making it all the more dramatic) and shocking home and away wins against OSU.

The series finale will be a nail-biter though. Do they get voted off the island or are they NCAA tournament survivors?

Merry Christmas to you all. And thanks to the many basketball savvy posters out there. You’ve made following the team even more fun for me.

We only play Wisconsin once, so I sure as hell hope we sweep - especially since it's at The Barn.

I'm personally hoping that Mbakwe will be introduced as a new character in the spin-off. I think he would be a great addition to the current cast and give them that extra push to top the ratings and make a good run in the...well the NCAA tournament.

Great read

"My team is on the floor."

That's a motto I can live with. Forget about the guys who aren't playing, nor have ever played a second for the Gophers, let's focus on the ones who are. Can't wait to see how the players on the Gophers' active roster handle Big 10 competition.

You can't miss what you never had.

Agree SS.... Lets see what the actual Gophers can do. Time for worrying about who will or won't be eligible is past. That said..I will still peak at the Cory Joseph threads. :)

Top Bottom