Baseball team ranked!

gold04

Reaction score
The baseball team is ranked 30th in the nation by a couple of preseason publications. We should have another good team this year. They key will be starting pitching. Rosin may be a high draft choice according to one publication. After Rosin we need to find two other guys who can pitch. I wonder if Oakes will have a Perkins like impact on the team this year as a freshmen. He might not but I hope they give him a shot to be in the weekend rotation.

The baseball team is ranked 30th in the nation by a couple of preseason publications. We should have another good team this year. They key will be starting pitching. Rosin may be a high draft choice according to one publication. After Rosin we need to find two other guys who can pitch. I wonder if Oakes will have a Perkins like impact on the team this year as a freshmen. He might not but I hope they give him a shot to be in the weekend rotation.

Not really surprising considering how many young guys played a lot last year. Offense doesn't figure to be a problem. Neither does defense. I agree that the biggest key will be finding two more reliable starters after Rosin. If the team can do that, we'll definitely be a contender for the NCAAs again imo. It appears the Gophers and Ohio State will be the main contenders for the Big Ten title this year. Should be fun to watch in a couple of months. :D

My prediction is the Oakes and Lubinsky are going to fill the voids for weekend startes.

Interesting notes

Practice starts February 1 and because of the rain this fall they were not able to finish fall practices. Right now Rosin is the only guy who has a lock on the starting pitching. I do think Oakes will turn out to be the real deal. Maybe Lubunisky after that, but who knows.

Dissappointing season

The basketball, football, wrestling and hockey teams have performed under expectations this year. Hopefully the baseball team will be the one exceeds expectations.

Top Bottom