Shooter: Trevor to redshirt if legal issue is resolved

If Trevor is alright with this, I support it. If true, he should be commended for sticking with us through all the garbage he's put up with (assuming he's innocent).

If Trevor is alright with this, I support it. If true, he should be commended for sticking with us through all the garbage he's put up with (assuming he's innocent).

This is certainly a sign of maturity on his part if it is true. First, he is doing what is likely in the best interest of the team. Second, he is not listening to whispering he is likely getting that he coudl get paid to play and does not need an extra couple of years to prep for a possible pro career. If true, and certainly a big if consisdering the sourceless comment, he is showing a level of perseverance that is commendable.

Maybe Royce could learn a thing or two from Trevor.

I don't see anything commendable about what Trevor has done. What choice does he have? He is lucky he is not in prison if he did what is charged. Fleeing the state after being positive identified by a woman who probably had seen Trevor before on several occasions doesn't look too good. If he is innocent why is he delaying the trial and his so called alibis don't seem too eager to show up. Trevor is probably very lucky to still have his freedom.

Herman's a realist. Homers often think realists are horrible people.

Does anyone know if Trevor has been attending classes religiously? That will help determine how long he's with us.

HermanKillebrew sounds like a horrible person...

+100000

That and his moniker sucks. That would be like me being Devin Garnett, Herby Pucket, or Bert Favre. This guy sounds like a big-time power tool.

Does anyone know if Trevor has been attending classes religiously? That will help determine how long he's with us.

When Tubby was quoted as saying that Trevor has done everything we've asked him to do and that he would be reinstated immediately if the charges were dropped/found innocent, that was good enough for me.

Herman's a realist.

I disagree. Trevor didn't flee, witnesses, like Dodson, have been extremely difficult to depose, who knows how many times the woman had " probably " seen Trevor before, ...

Sounds like Herman really hasn't followed what's been going on in Trevor's case to me.

Tubby said he's doing everything he needs to do, so I'm guessing he's attending all of his classes. And i think HermanKillebrew is just angry at the world, we should probably just let him be.

Blizzard,

Realists point to smoke and recognize that there might well be some flame. Homers ignore the smoke and point at the realists.

Point by Point...

QUOTE] I don't see anything commendable about what Trevor has done. What choice does he have? He is lucky he is not in prison if he did what is charged. Fleeing the state after being positive identified by a woman who probably had seen Trevor before on several occasions doesn't look too good. If he is innocent why is he delaying the trial and his so called alibis don't seem too eager to show up. Trevor is probably very lucky to still have his freedom. [/QUOTE]

1. "I don't see anything commendable about what Trevor has done. What choice does he have?"

He could go to Europe and play, probably make much more money than HermanKillebrew ever will.

2. "He is lucky he is not in prison"

We are all lucky we are not in prison. Prison is someplace we all should be glad we are not. Of course HermanKillebrew would probably unilaterally put many of us in prison if he could because many of us are probably guilty of something.

3. "Fleeing the state after being positive identified by a woman who probably had seen Trevor before on several occasions doesn't look too good."

And everyone knows that eye witness identification is 100% infallible. The woman probably saw Trevor around somewhere which probably makes the case open and shut.

4. "If he is innocent why is he delaying the trial?"

This is irrefutable. Probably no innocent person ever delayed a trial.

5. "Trevor is probably very lucky to still have his freedom"

No probably about it, we are ALL lucky to have our freedom.

Blizzard,

Realists point to smoke and recognize that there might well be some flame. Homers ignore the smoke and point at the realists.

I love this quote.

I do believe Trevor is innocent, but I'm not in denial about the fact that he could have committed the crime.

Herman's a realist. Homers often think realists are horrible people.

THANK YOU!!! I could not have said it better myself.

HermanKillebrew sounds like a horrible person...

How does that make him a horrible person? You know nothing about Herman and then you personally attack him! Why would you do that? Because you don't agree with what he says? Let me guess, you're just going to respond to this with another personal attack...
You lose credibility with statements like that. But I guess that doesn't matter. You're going to just continue to hide behind your computer and hurl insults.

i mentioned this a week ago and it was not recieved nearly as well.

if Royce survives the summer in maroon and gold, in hindsight we might think this worked out very well for the program. This team is definitely geared for 2012/13, this actually may elevate that. I think it makes us better next year as well with key contributors getting more floor time this year. Time will tell.

So if I'm not a 'realist' does that make me an 'unrealist?' Do I not believe in reality? Calling yourself a 'realist' is just a mask for much uglier words. In reality Trevor is innocent until a jury of his peers finds him otherwise. A realist would recognize this, because they deal in reality. Call me a homer if you want, hell it's in my name. A 'realist' would realize that in the south it doesn't take much for a black male to get charged with this type of thing. Funny how so many 'realists' choose to ignore reality.

I'm getting tired of hearing these "where there's smoke there's usually fire" comments. That's a condemning statement and it sure seems like that person has already made up their mind that he's likely guilty. Since when does a realist just assume the negative outcome?

Some people on here seem to think that the word "realism" is the same thing as "pessimism, skepticism, cynicism, etc..." Being a skeptic or cynic doesn't make a person a realist.

And just because a person chooses to be positive and give Mbakwe the benefit of the doubt doesn't make them a homer either.

How does that make him a horrible person? You know nothing about Herman and then you personally attack him! Why would you do that? Because you don't agree with what he says? Let me guess, you're just going to respond to this with another personal attack...
You lose credibility with statements like that. But I guess that doesn't matter. You're going to just continue to hide behind your computer and hurl insults.

Are you really serious with this? "Herman" clearly does not understand the legal system with his uninformed comments. His post in this thread is embarrassing to me as a Gopher fan.

Some people on here seem to think that the word "realism" is the same thing as "pessimism, skepticism, cynicism, etc..." Being a skeptic or cynic doesn't make a person a realist.

And just because a person chooses to be positive and give Mbakwe the benefit of the doubt doesn't make them a homer either.

Totally agree. Also, don't forget the arrogance, narrow mindset, and "I've got mine attitude," that some of these realist take so much pride in.

I don't see anything commendable about what Trevor has done. What choice does he have? He is lucky he is not in prison if he did what is charged. Fleeing the state after being positive identified by a woman who probably had seen Trevor before on several occasions doesn't look too good. If he is innocent why is he delaying the trial and his so called alibis don't seem too eager to show up. Trevor is probably very lucky to still have his freedom.

This is one of the more idiotic posts I've seen on here. How exactly is he delaying the trial? Do you have any idea how our legal system works? His so-called alibis don't seem to eager to show up? What the hell does that mean? How would you know if they are eager? Maybe they aren't so "eager" because they're in the middle of their basketball season.

An Optimist sees the Glass is Half-Full

A Pessimist sees the Glass is Half-Empty

A Realist sees the Glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I haven't seen any basis for any assertion that Trevor has been identified by a victim who had seen him before. My understanding is that her description of her attacker immediatedly after her attack was inconsistent with the physical characteristics of Mbawke and that she later picked him out of a yearbook. That is not a strong identification. Indeed, its highly suspect. I doubt that Mr. Killebrew has any basis for concluding that Mbawbe's alibi witnesses are not "eager to show up", but even if that is true, that doesn't mean that supports an inference of Mbawke's guilt. Returning to Florida for witnesses who have gone onto play for other teams located elsewhere is not particularly convenient, and testifying under any circumstances is not pleasant. I see absolutley no basis for infering quilt base on Mbawke's lawyer's requests for delaying his trial. There are any number of reasons why he might feel the need for more time, such as the need to accomodate the interests of the alibi witnesses and the need to prepare Mbawke's defense. As for his flight from the state, as I have previously posted, my recollection is that there are studies that demonstrate that flight evidence is inherently unreliable as a basis for inferring guilt.

From what I've seen, the case against Mbawke appears to be extremely weak. Perhaps there is more evidence of which I am unaware, but if there is not, I am of the opinion that Maturi should have lifted the automatic suspension that applies to athletes charged with crimes. I also think the charges against him should be dropped.

I am impressed, moreover, with the lack of public complaint on the part of Mbwake with respect to his plight. Given the circumstances I think that is highly commendable, and pointly constrasts with Royce White's complaints about his treatment dispite White's undeniable misconduct.

I believe this is good news if true. However I am somewhat skeptical of the source. What does Charlie know that some of the more informed members of this board did not. Charlie sometimes shoots from the hip. Did his information come from Trevor or is it conjecture on Charlies part?

I believe this is good news if true. However I am somewhat skeptical of the source. What does Charlie know that some of the more informed members of this board did not. Charlie sometimes shoots from the hip. Did his information come from Trevor or is it conjecture on Charlies part?

My guess-conjecture.

If he is innocent why is he delaying the trial and his so called alibis don't seem too eager to show up.
IIRC, part of the delay was caused by the prosecution not being able to locate the victim and the defense filing a motion to compel production of the victim (or victim's address). If that's correct, can't fault Trevor for that.

It was easier to predict the outcome of Royce's case. Mbakwe's involves a completely different jurisdiction that I've always understood to be very unlike Minnesota's judicial/prosecution environment.

If it's true, it would great having Trevor for another 2 years.

If he turns out to be not guilty, you have to give the kid props for sticking with it, despite how long and drawn out this whole thing has been.

My reading of it is that it's just some filler for Walters' ramblings - it's not saying anything. It's clear Trevor's legal counsel is going to push the trial out to the point where it will not be possible to have Mbakwe step on the court this season, no matter the outcome of the trial. Therefore, from the U's standpoint, it's obvious that Trevor would be redshirted this season if the legal matter is resolved.

The real question is what is on Trevor's mind - it's a good sign that he is still here, but unless I hear him say, "I am excited to have two years of eligibility after the charges against me are found to be without merit - I am all in for being a Gopher", there's no new news here.

Top Bottom