Keith Ballard

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Have to say I lost a lot of respect for him after last night. I know him hitting the goalie was an accident, but after he hits him, he still swings his stick another time at the goal post. Then skates off like nothing happened. Even afterwards, it didn't seem like he was really bothered by it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUlT4JQVhCs

My understanding is Ballard was very upset about what happened. I think he should get suspended for 5 games. If he hit an opponent the same way he would be out for a year. I also think it should be a 2 minute penalty and a ten minute misconduct to intentionally break your stick. Those things are weapons and the blades fly all over the place.

My understanding is Ballard was very upset about what happened. I think he should get suspended for 5 games. If he hit an opponent the same way he would be out for a year. I also think it should be a 2 minute penalty and a ten minute misconduct to intentionally break your stick. Those things are weapons and the blades fly all over the place.

You may be right, he just didn't look that upset when it happened. You would think he would have stayed there to see if the guy was alright, but he just skated off like nothing happened.

I agree with the penalty for intentionally breaking the stick. It's stupid and dangerous.

Ballard said he didn't realize he hit Vokun until after he started to skate off and noticed a commotion going on. What I dont' understand is how a mask can stop a puck shot 90+mph but can't handle a stick. As for the stick breaking, it happens all the time. People break stuff out of frustration. In fact, the columbus goalie did the same thing that same night after giving up a shootout goal. He skated over to his bench and started to bash his stick against the boards. We jsut didn't hear about it becasue he didn't hit anyone accidentally. Just bad luck on Ballards part.

Top Bottom