Tubby's 2010 recruiting

Golden Shower

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight as to players we might be recruiting in the class of 2010? I see both Becky and tOSU have a jump on us for top players in 2010. Are we in the mix for any Top 100-200 players for 2010? What does the landscape of Minnesota HS players look like for the next 2 recruiting classes.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Kadeem Green, Robert Sampson, Cory Joseph, Harrison Barnes, and Aaron Cosby have been mentioned as non-local possiblities.

I sure hope we arnt going after Robert Sampson. :)

How can you like the guy he sucks:cool:
I'm just choosing to reserve judgment because he's only played in 3 collegiate games. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt so early into his career.

It's not fair to judge a kid saying he "sucks" when he's barely been on campus for 4 months IMO.

He is so weak and how was he a 4star recruit

First of all Gregg Doyel is either a. a Kentucky fan b. knows nothing about college basketball c. the world's biggest d-bag or d. all of the above. My guess is D. Here is my reasoning
A. The only who could possibly hate Tubby that much are Kentucky fans.
B. No Purdue isn't a top job in the nation much less the Big Ten. I mean they only finished second last year in the Big Ten with the youngest team in the nation. Purdue, come on, there are only a top 10 team in the nation. NOW Michigan thats a great job. Really I mean they only success they had in the past 2 decades taken away by the NCAA.
C. If you read the column you will know what I'm taking about.

Any way if Tubby is just starting to focus on 2010 he is going to have issues getting top tier talent. For example Purdue is already full in 2010 and Matt Painter is already hitting 2011 really hard and beginning on 2012. I don't think this Tubby's fault when he came in he was really behind the 8 ball recuiting wise, espeically in Minnesota. Over the next few years he will catch up and be up there with the big boys, like Purdue.

He cant post up He cant guard anybody down in the post and he looks like he is scared to death out there

Doyel is a native Mississippian and carries with him some of the baggage that you might guess.

I'll correct a few points he missed.

Tulsa had 5 players left (total) when Tubby arrived in 1991. Nearly all of what Tulsa accomplished with done with Tubby's recruits there.

Georgia had 8 seniors in 1996 but the 1997 team was almost completely made up of Tubby's recruits. The 97 team won 24 games - still the all-time Most W record at Georgia.

Tubby was 132-43 with a mixture of his recruits and Pitino players at UK.
Tubby was 131-40 with 100% his own recruits at UK.

Doyel is an idiot and (I think) a racist.

That article is from March 2007. Who cares ? RSIII was highly recruited and was offered by Kentucky amongst others.

Wow was that a piece of garbage!!!

Talk about a personal axe to grind!!!!:eek:

Wonder what Mr. Doyell is thinking about Minnesota these days. Then again, maybe I shouldn't. After all, with such insightful viewpoints, maybe he can somehow convince himself that the utter failure of Tubby Smith at Minnesota is imminent. :rolleyes:

In any case, it makes you wonder about Doyell's background as it relates to previous experiences with Tubby.

Talk about a personal axe to grind!!!!:eek:

Wonder what Mr. Doyell is thinking about Minnesota these days. Then again, maybe I shouldn't. After all, with such insightful viewpoints, maybe he can somehow convince himself that the utter failure of Tubby Smith at Minnesota is imminent. :rolleyes:

In any case, it makes you wonder about Doyell's background as it relates to previous experiences with Tubby.

I told you that Doyel carries with him some of the sad baggage from his Mississippi heritage that is long gone from history for most Americans.

Not Doyel though.

Pretty fluid for a big man. As most freshmen, he needs bulk and experience. Tubby is not starting with a blank page.

stop trying to make it sound like he is going to be some stud cause he never will be he will just be a bean pole for the rest of his carrer.

These posts by Big Play are so useful and insightful. How do we "ignore" posters on this new board?

These posts by Big Play are so useful and insightful. How do we "ignore" posters on this new board?
No kidding Donovan; a few of Big Play's gems since joining GopherHole 3 days ago:

"Thank god Sampson is off the floor"
"I have had enoph of waching ralph"
"How can you like the guy he sucks"
"He is so weak and how was he a 4star recruit"
"All miss seeing the student sec always showing up late"
"He cant post up He cant guard anybody down in the post and he looks like he is scared to death out there"
"oh my god who cares"
"3 to 4 people will be at the game"
"stop trying to make it sound like he is going to be some stud cause he never will be he will just be a bean pole for the rest of his carrer."

With fans like Big Play, who needs enemies?

Sounds kinda personal...

stop trying to make it sound like he is going to be some stud cause he never will be he will just be a bean pole for the rest of his carrer.

RSIII will work his way into becoming a legitimate post player. Might not happen this year, but it will happen because he's a smart, hard-working young man.

Not everyone can be Kevin Durant or Greg Oden (who seriously looks older than me and most of my boomer buddies) and if we had that kind of player, he would be "one and done" anyway. College basketball is interesting not only for the competitive games but you get to watch the development of young, raw basketball talent (or the lack there of).

No need to keep up this incessant slam fest, Big Playa. Best to take a "wait see" stance, giving us your insights at appropriate check points...the end of the non-conference season, a couple games into the Big Ten season, etc.

Also, get your hands on a Thesaurus so that you can expand your vocabulary. If you can't keep it positive, at least make your posts a compelling read. ;)

FOT

Too bad about Doyel. I was a little suspicious after reading how much vitriol and anger was contained within his assessment of Tubby. Yikes :eek:

I'm not going to acuse anybody of any racist agenda, but there is clearly more to the story when it comes to Doyel's view of Tubby.

Its hard to believe a poster from Kentucky would have figured out how to find us here so quickly

Okay well see i hope he proves me wrong man

No kidding Donovan; a few of Big Play's gems since joining GopherHole 3 days ago:

"Thank god Sampson is off the floor"
"I have had enoph of waching ralph"
"How can you like the guy he sucks"
"He is so weak and how was he a 4star recruit"
"All miss seeing the student sec always showing up late"
"He cant post up He cant guard anybody down in the post and he looks like he is scared to death out there"
"oh my god who cares"
"3 to 4 people will be at the game"
"stop trying to make it sound like he is going to be some stud cause he never will be he will just be a bean pole for the rest of his carrer."

With fans like Big Play, who needs enemies?

Agreed, Big Play needs to keep to himself.

Yep I need to figure out the ignore tool.

But the best thing to do with Big Play is not respond. If you don't feed the trolls they will go away.

Yep I need to figure out the ignore tool.

But the best thing to do with Big Play is not respond. If you don't feed the trolls they will go away.
To put Big Play in ignore list go to menu selection 'User CP' which is just left of the FAQ link at the top of this page. Then look at the menu selections on the left margin and you will see edit ignore list. Big Play has made the honorary first spot in my ignore list.

To put Big Play in ignore list go to menu selection 'User CP' which is just left of the FAQ link at the top of this page. Then look at the menu selections on the left margin and you will see edit ignore list. Big Play has made the honorary first spot in my ignore list.
Thanks for the insight!

Top Bottom