Minnesota Hockey is in ruin....

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
....And they better do something quickly. Losing to the "little sisters" is unacceptable and Lucia better be nervous. This program is losing heat faster than a fart in the wind and nobody seems to give a damn. This is the worst I can remember the program and I don't want to hear about excuses that the loyalists use...it comes down to recruiting and/or coaching and both of that falls on Lucia. Time for change, maybe?

....And they better do something quickly. Losing to the "little sisters" is unacceptable and Lucia better be nervous. This program is losing heat faster than a fart in the wind and nobody seems to give a damn. This is the worst I can remember the program and I don't want to hear about excuses that the loyalists use...it comes down to recruiting and/or coaching and both of that falls on Lucia. Time for change, maybe?

Agree. An old Gopher team would have won that game by three goals last night. This team? Can't catch passes, holds on to the puck WAY too long and just don't focus for a whole game. In other words, they find ways to lose games. And like you said, it sure seems like nobody, from the coaches down the players, really cares at this point.

They should all be put on notice immediately. This crap has been going on for three years now and Maturi has conveniently avoided the problem from the start. Time to wake up and start looking around Joel. This program is floundering and is filled with a group of players and coaches who are doing nothing about it. Don's job should absolutely be in jeopardy right now.

Just when you think it can't get any worse....

Have we hit rock bottom yet?

I watched Lucia's post game interview with LaPanta, didn't hear what he said, be the part the got me worried is that he didn't look all that concerned. You just lost 6-0, ok one time thing don't let it happen again, but, it was you 4th shut out of the year. Don, it's time to hit the panic button. Light a fire under these kids, get into them in the lockerroom, do something to get these kids playing better, that doesn't mean winning but you have to do better than 6-0. It's Minnesota hockey, people expect more than that.

The only good thing on that game

It was on FSN, not on BTN.

The whole country didn't see that crap.

Gotta cut Lucia some slack. He's been very busy reading Sarah Palin's new book. You know he is infatuated with her.

I watch Lucia's post game interview with LaPanta, didn't hear what he said, be the part the got me worried is that he didn't look all that concerned. You just lost 6-0, ok one time thing don't let it happen again but, it was you 4th shut out of the year. Don, it's time to hit the panic button. Light a fire under these kids, get into them in the lockerroom, do something to get these kids played better, that doesn't mean winning but you have to do better than 6-0. It's Minnesota hockey, people expect more than that.

This is where I come out as well. Lucia seems perfectly fine with letting the team flounder game-after-game-after-game-after-game. He just doesn't seem to care and on top of that, everyone seems to be giving him a free pass. Sorry, but this is one of college hockey's all-time greatest programs. This crap isn't going to cut it, no matter how much Lucia conveys the view that everything is fine and dandy. Eventually, somebody prominent needs to call Lucia, his coaching staff and his players out. Otherwise, it's obvious everyone will ignore the problem.

There is a lot of good hockey in MN. But the Gophers should be the leader of the pack. When Bemidg State is taking it to you, then it is time to look over where this program is going.

Top Bottom